The Center for Student Learning Charter School at Pennsbury provides Special Education programming for students in grades 6 through 12 who present with a range of educational needs in the least restrictive environment. The Special Education department works closely with parents, students, and staff to provide supports and accommodations to create a successful learning environment for all CSL students. If you have more specific questions about the Special Education Department at CSL, please contact the Special Education Coordinator, Christen Cartolaro, at 215.269.7390 ext. 20 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Opportunities and Events for Students and Parents
Bucks County Right to Education Task Force - Free events for Parents and Educators
All events will be held at the BCIU #22 located at 705 N. Shady Retreat Road, Doylestown, PA 18901. Please register by emailing Paula Watts at email@example.com or calling 215.348.2940, ext. 1201
- Pennsylvania Department of Education - a link to the website of PDE whose mission is to academically prepare children and adults to succeed as productive citizens
- PaTTAN - a link to the Parent Information portion of the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) with videos, special events, and resources for families
- Procedural Safeguards Notice - A document outlining the rights of parents and students receiving Special Education Services
- Understanding the Procedural Safeguards Notice - a PDE publication to assist parents in understanding the Procedural Safeguards Notice document
- Is Your Child Having Difficulty in School? - a guide for parents of struggling students on how to communicate their concerns with the school
- Parent Guide to Special Education - a PDE publication for parents reviewing Special Education eligibility and programming, the school's responsibilities, and parental rights
- Understanding the Language of Special Education- a PDE publication of educational terms, agencies and organizations, and services
- www.secondarytransition.org- This website, which is continually updated, provides youth, young adults, parents, and professionals with secondary transition resources to facilitate a young person’s progress towards post-secondary goals related to education, employment, and community living.